Off The Beaten Path-Experience Local Thai Life
Experience the simple way of life of the people who live on the canals and farms of rural Thailand. Meet local Thai farmers and get a better understanding of their lives.
This one day, eco-friendly trip is a nice escape from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok. The experience will give you a much fuller understanding of Thailand’s culture and an opportunity to sample local fruits. It is a great way to make your visit to Thailand special.
- Meet in your hotel lobby at either 8:00 am (or 2:00 pm)
- Drive to Klong Mahasawat Community (about one hour)
- Take a private long-tail boat ride
- Visit 5 different places and meet local farmers
- Have lunch at a local restaurant in Don Wai Market
- Be back to the hotel around 3:00 pm (8am departure)
- Klong Maha Sawat community
- An Orchid farm
- Fruit orchard and ride on a traditional tractor
- A lotus farm
- Crispy Rice Cracker making house
- Don Wai Market
- A friendly licensed tour guide
- An Air-Con van and a professional driver
- Boat ride
- Bottled Water, Soft drink
- Liability and accident insurance
- Gratuity for a guide & a driver
- Lunch or Dinner
Information: (Click on these places for the photo gallery)
Klong Maha Sawat Community is an agro-tourism location supported by TAT (Tourism Authority of Thailand). The klong (canal) was dug about 150 years ago by the order of King Rama IV. You will enjoy a scenic long-tail boat ride on the canal and meet local farmers and sample local fruits. With stops at 4 different places you will get a truly unique opportunity to enjoy the real rural culture of Thailand.
- An Orchid Farm where you will seee many types of Orchids- the biggest flower export of Thailand.
- Lotus Farm where you will take a paddle boat out into a middle of the lotus pond.
- Fruit Plantation where you can sample some of Thailand's native fruits and enjoy a traditional rice tractor ride through the plantation
- Crispy Rice Cracker Making House where you can try tasty crispy rice cracker topped with shredded dried pork or sesame seeds and you can make your own rice cracker.
Don Wai Market is a famous riverside market for Bangkok residents started more than a hundred years ago. Stroll through many stalls with vendors selling many different kinds of food, fruits, dessert, vegetables etc. Some of the food and desserts here are very well- known and the vendors have their own recipies. There are not many tourists here and you will enjoy strolling through the authentic market and experiencing the way of life of Thai people.